Conspiracy theory: tanking
2021.10.20 12:36 addmtrl Conspiracy theory: tanking
Montreal Canadiens are tanking for Shane Wright. Carey Price was sick of the hate he gets from their fanbase when habs are losing games. He entered the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program because he was not mentally ready to get slammed by the media and toxic fans, yet again. They also didn't want to make it so obvious that they are tanking, and with Price in the net it would be harder.
submitted by addmtrl to Habs [link] [comments]
2021.10.20 12:36 Ishantil Story Criticism
I enjoy this game very much. I've spent 100s of hours playing it in Survival Mode. The atmosphere is great, the game play is fun an interesting (except the wolf part), the music is good, and the feeling of stark loneliness is superb.
The story, on the other hand, has some holes in my opinion. Feel free to point out things I've forgotten (the game has been being developed for years). While "artistic license" will cover for some of these things in the list, many of them are actually unnecessary.
In no particular order:
- Time constraints. There's no time constraints on anything in the game. I can screw around as long as I want everywhere in the game with no consequences. This is fine in Survival, but stops making sense in the context of everyone else who also needs to eat, sleep, and drink. Generous but reasonable time constraints could be placed into each part of the game to provide a sense of urgency. Like "if you aren't back in a week, we're gonna kill this dude." I spent days and days screwing around in the bush. I shot a moose and made a bunny hat, bunny gloves, wolf coat, deerskin boots, and would have made a moose satchel had I had the recipe. Turns out you find one in the hatch base anyway.
- Why doesn't McKenzie shoot Mathis in the face? Mathis is the glue that holds the whole "organization" together. The entire thing will fall to squabbling infighting as soon as he's dead.
- How did the inmates get to the hydroelectric dam one minute after McKenzie makes it? It was dark and they would have had to figure out first where he went, then organize the group, and finally travel through the steam tunnels like McKenzie did without any knowledge of the layout. Going around would have taken hours at least. It would have actually been better if they slipped away.
- What do all these inmates eat? Why aren't they all starving? The motivation to get Mathis' brother out of solitary would hold no meaning to anyone but him. The rest of them would have motivation mostly centering on not dying.
- How come they only use guns in the one scene during the aurora? No one is seen ever having a gun. There *is* evidence that they broke into the armories to get them.
- How long have these guys been holed up in this prison? Weeks, months, years?
- If you are are lead to believe that there are 10 or so inmates, why are they never shown? McKenzie's POV is lead to believe there's *three* inmates. McKenzie could easily shoot the first two at the door, then shoot Mathis next when he comes out. As far as I remember, no one says anything about how many bad guys there are.
- If the power is off, why is there steam in the steam tunnels? You have to heat water for there to be steam, so where's the heat coming from? Are there inmates shoveling coal into a steam furnace somewhere? What motivations would they have for doing so? Where's the coal from?
- After a the explosion, why are the steam tunnels on fire? It's stated that they nave no idea what they are doing, but based on where the majority of the damage is (the right wing of the main prison building), there's no reason for the tunnels to be on fire.
- In order to hack closed circuit TV systems running on 1970s tech (look at all the consoles and stuff, it's all really old stuff), you'd definitely have to be in the building. That's why they make them that way...so they can't be hacked. Further complicating this, the power is only on during the aurora. It would make more sense if Jace had sneaked into control room. She's shown to be sneaky, so it's not that far fetched for her to have slipped out while they weren't looking. They are dumb inmates.
- How exactly does an astrophysicist know how to splice into closed circuit television systems? Astrophysics and computer hacking are in no way related fields. You'd need specific tools and knowledge to do it. Even then, it would only work during the aurora.
- What's powering the phones? You still need stable electricity even for old school phone systems. It has to come from somewhere. It's been explicitly stated that astronomy station is specially shielded (and presumably has it's own power source), but the rest of the infrastructure would have no particular shielding against electromagnetic surges, which the aurora is presumed to cause.
- Why does the ventilation system in the mine work? You'd need electricity to pump air hundreds of feet into the side of a mountain to provide air. Why not simply have an emergency oxygen tank? You could find partially filled tanks occasionally and have to switch them out to provide a feeling of urgency. This could provide a good reason for a short fetch quest (find three oxygen canisters).
- Why did physics stop working except during auroras? The electromagnetic surges from the aurora or even the geomagnetic storm wouldn't prevent electricity from working all over. Nor would it charge batteries. They state explicitly that the dam isn't working for mysterious reasons. Is this happening everywhere or just where you are far enough north to see the aurora borealis? Does it happen all the time? Is it happening everywhere in the world or is it a localized phenomenon?
- Getting power working would have been more interesting. A manual nearby that shows how to use the manual overrides to get the power working. An interesting puzzle of manual overrides to get the spillway correctly set, and the dynamos turning. You could have had spotty power with lots of blinking lights and such for cool atmosphere with some things not having enough power to run. This also would have made Jace's usage of the cameras make more sense, too. "Sorry, boss, there's not enough juice to get the doors open, even with all the lights off."
- The mystery disease that they talk about at the end of episode 4, why is it being introduced so late? We know that Astrid is a medical doctor. There were countless opportunities for people to be dying from some mysterious disease to introduce this. Several of the characters could have simply talked about a mysterious illness that swept through the population that no one knew anything about. Make the symptoms particularly odd to differentiate it. Glowing eyes during the aurora, then fever and chills, followed by aggression and then death. Something like that.
- The locked hard case which has repeatedly been used to beat McKenzie with wouldn't be that hard to get open with enough time. A hacksaw or a crowbar would do it. Also, the fact that it's taken so much shock probably means that the contents are junk. Biologicals don't have a very long shelf life. It's been weeks at the *very least* that that case has been traveling around. Not to mention the temperature variation. It also doesn't need to be used to beat McKenzie to unconsciousness. Mathis likes a wrench, that would have been fine.
- Even if these inmates get Mathis' brother out, how would they do anything? McKenzie is an experienced woodsman and survivalist, but the inmates would have no particular training. No vehicles are shown to work anywhere.
submitted by Ishantil
to thelongdark [link] [comments]
2021.10.20 12:36 Top_Location The Margin: What should Facebook’s new name be? Twitter users have some ideas
2021.10.20 12:36 DesignUX44 [Marketing] Health Tracking Survey (All Welcome)
We are looking for interviewees to help us understand what methods are used to track health related issues (e.g. mood, sleep, chronic conditions etc). Please take 5-10 minutes to fill out our survey and to let us know at the end if you are willing to be interviewed, don't forget to leave your email.
submitted by DesignUX44 to SampleSize [link] [comments]
2021.10.20 12:36 ashq_157 Haha funny
2021.10.20 12:36 Top_Location Mark Hulbert: You can beat your fear of losing money with bonds as interest rates rise — if you understand this one thing
2021.10.20 12:36 Assman9002 Tech Times' Interview with Divi CEO & Co-Founder Nick Saponaro
2021.10.20 12:36 CoinjoyAssistant Cardano Post-Alonzo Hard Fork, What Has Changed?
2021.10.20 12:36 Not_FlossII reminder: sprite edits with badly done faces (3b sprite)
submitted by Not_FlossII to yourturntodie [link] [comments]
2021.10.20 12:36 305FUN DEVGRU member doing an SSE in Uday Hussein’s location and went through his personal VHS collection and he found this. [2160×1873]
2021.10.20 12:36 5_Frog_Margin Some clever street art in South Africa by Falko
2021.10.20 12:36 harreh1d If you were omnipotent for one day, what would you do?
submitted by harreh1d to AskReddit [link] [comments]
2021.10.20 12:36 TomoIsMyNameO “Evil dies tonight” slogan
Do you think that was a commentary on group slogans over and over like people saying “MAGA” or “BLM” all the time in 2020
submitted by TomoIsMyNameO to Halloweenmovies [link] [comments]
2021.10.20 12:36 vitahlity 1070 Ti Suggested sale price?
I have a question - my mom needed to buy a new work PC but went with a gaming PC due to the great CPU and other parts that were included. However it included an RTX 3070 which I've been trying to buy, since LAUNCH (like many others). So.... I'm going to pay her the MSRP price for the card and give her my old card.
My question - once upgraded, I'll need to sell my old card, an EVGA GEFORCE 1070Ti SC. Does anybody know what a good selling price for this would be? I don't want to "scam" someone on price, but I also would like to recover some of the money used to buy the new card.
Thanks in advance! :)
submitted by vitahlity to buildapc [link] [comments]
2021.10.20 12:36 Environmental_Vast72 Last cards for 100% please dm me
2021.10.20 12:36 vanilla_fail I love this meme so much
2021.10.20 12:36 Pewind Dedigivolve - once per turn effects
Scenario: I have a lilithmon on field, and use mega digimon fusion. Lilithmon effect gains 2 memory. Then I digivolve into zwart, and then attack into security. If my opponent has chikurimon, and dedigivolves zwart back into Lilith, am I able to activate another option card and gain 2 memory again?
submitted by Pewind to DigimonCardGame2020 [link] [comments]
2021.10.20 12:36 solo-unicorn Best place to buy Klee with usd?
Don’t want to trade using my other cryptocurrencies.
submitted by solo-unicorn to KleeKaiCommunity [link] [comments]
2021.10.20 12:36 happinessmachine Rule #7: always reinvest your gains for compound interest
2021.10.20 12:36 Div_Senpai This guy was trolling with full level 50 disaster team in top 100 pvp lmao wierd flex
2021.10.20 12:36 Top_Location Key Words: Inflation ‘single biggest threat’ to markets and ‘society in general,’ says investor who called stock-market crash in 1987
2021.10.20 12:36 Intelligent-Loss681 Nice couples I hope they have kids one day☺️
2021.10.20 12:36 Hitman52891 Please for Pokémon go raids around the world!!!!
2021.10.20 12:36 _KappaKing_ Daddy is a pilot, today he told me he's going to fly us all to heaven.
Apparently we need to make a quick stop in the ocean first.
submitted by _KappaKing_ to TwoSentenceHorror [link] [comments]
2021.10.20 12:36 IKnights86 Fairy race from The Wild Beyond the Witchlight
Hey, I coded the new fairy race from TWBtW for a friend and figured I'd share it with you all!
I did hard code the ability modifiers and spellcasting ability modifier to fit my friends character but that is easily changed.
Here is the script.
submitted by IKnights86 to mpmb [link] [comments]